Monday, August 24, 2009

Life Changes....

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything.  Life has been full of changes for our family and I've been a little bit overwhelmed and not really sure what to say about some things.  I'm going to do my best to give an update.  Sorry, no fun pictures involved.


First of all, we made the big move from New Haven, CT to Highlands Ranch, CO.  I ended up flying with Clemie and Brent and his dad made the long drive with the truck.  Everything went safely and smoothy and we're happy to finally be a little bit settled here.  We're currently living with Brent's parents.  They have been so patient with us as we try to figure out what's next for us as far as a job, house, kids, etc.  The job hunt for Brent has been a challenge, but we think things are starting to finally fall into place.  It's been nice to have Brent at home with us to help with Clemie and to keep us company, but I'm happy he's finally started to go to work last week!  Right now he's up to 2-3 days a week, but we're sure his workload will pick up soon... despite Brent's desire to be a full time mountain biker/hiker and fly fisherman.  

A major life change has recently affected our family.  A few weeks ago my dad was killed in a boating accident in Key West, FL.  We were all totally shocked and of course devastated by the news.  My dad was so young at heart and none of us thought this day was coming any time soon.  We have all come to rely on our faith and knowledge that our Heavenly Father needed him home more than we needed him on earth and that we will see him again one day once our journey in done.  The funeral was held in Key West where my dad spent much of his childhood and still considered home.  He died and his earthly body rests in a place that brought him so much joy and doing what he truly loved, anything out on the ocean.  We are missing him ever so much and think of him all the time.  We're all learning how to adjust our lives without him and I'm sure this will take some time.  It will be hard not having such a fun, loving guy around.  We love you Dad!

In more happy news, baby girl #2 will be born sometime within the next month.  We are so excited to meet her and hope that we can come up with a name before she is born.  We're open to suggestions if you have any.  Remember, she will have a sister named Clementine, so it has to kind of go with that.  It's been a challenge.  

Well, that's my update for now.  I'll try and keep the postings coming.

20 comments:

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

Julie,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I felt so sad for you and your family when I read that. I hope you are okay and feeling comfort. I will keep you and your family in my prayers for sure. I'm thinking of you:)
Love,
Katie

Montana Blakes said...

Julie,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Good luck with all the changes you guys are going through. A name I like (obviously since we named our daughter this) is Emmaline (or Emmeline).
--Ana

B. Surfer said...

Sad about your news. But if you want some relief from the in-laws, come and visit. We live in Parker!

Rachael said...

Julie & Brent, Michael and I were so sorry to hear of the news of your father's passing. You have been in our thoughts a lot over the last few weeks. On a happier note, we're happy you are in town now, and will have to get together sometime soon. Good luck with these last few weeks of pregnancy!

Stephanie Black said...

Julie, I'm so glad you made a post! It's so bitter-sweet to read. It must have been tough to write it all. You guys have been through a lot lately...and continue to go through a lot. :) Good luck with this next month. I really wish I had some name suggestions for you so this little girl has a name soon!

kylee said...

Julie,
I don't know what to say except that I am so sorry and hope you and your family is doing okay. It's never and easy thing to go through. Some days are harder than others as I'm sure you know. You guys are in our prayers. As for a name....I'll have to keep thinking. Hopefully everything goes well with the pregnancy. Good luck!
P.S. If you guys are ever in this area (or Utah, we are only an hour from SLC) let us know and maybe we could get together and do something.

Lisa said...

Hi Julie - I'm so sorry to hear about about your dad, you have been in our thoughts and prayers. I'm happy you've finally moved back out west, hopefully we'll be able to see more of each other.

Melissa said...

i'm sorry to hear of your loss. that has got to be incredible difficult. you and your family will be in my prayers. good luck with your endeavors.

Melissa

Steve Frahm said...

We are sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your lives with us.

Steve and Donna said...

Hi- I hope you know how special your family is- your parents go back a long ways with us.I try to keep up with you and your sisters and your mom. Please tell her to call me when she feels ready.

Jeff and Krishawn said...

Julie and Brent - We are so sorry for the loss you have suffered this past month. You guys have been in our prayers. I wish I was there to put my arms around you. Please keep us posted on the baby news. As for names..How about Petunia? Love ya :)

jessie said...

Julie,
I just happened upon your blog to see if there were any baby/moving updates and was so saddened to read about your Dad's unexpected passing. I'm so sorry!! We will definitely keep your whole family in our prayers.

I can't believe Baby Girl #2 is due so soon! And that's quite a difficult task trying to find a name that goes with Clementine, lol. :) How about Lilliana (Clemie and Lily?) Or... Rosemary? (Clemie and Rosie?) I'm sure you will find the perfect name! :)

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad! you need yo call me or email me so we can get together!

Mitzi said...

Julie, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you in my prayers.
Good luck with your new baby coming, Madeline is my name suggestion for you.

jessie said...

Okay - thought of a couple more names that sound cute with Clementine.. (I LOVE thinking/talking about baby names!) Here goes: Penelope, Genevieve. Hope you're having a great day!

Kauti Nicholls said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. wow, i hope you guys are hanging in there.

best of luck with the birth of your new baby girl. i am having a baby boy next week sometime. boy names puzzle me, but if i were having a girl i'd name her Avery. I love that name :) good luck :)

Train Gang said...

Your family is in our hearts and prayers. What a great loss. We are thinking of you.

I think Clementine is such a pretty name and for such a beautiful girl...it will be a fun challenge to find something equally cute to name your next girl. What about Poppy? I also liked Penelope and Genevieve that Jessi suggested.

take care and good luck with the birth!

Mitzi said...

I thought of another one for you: Claire.

Nielsen Family said...

We are so sorry to hear of your father's passing. You are in our thoughts & we pray for your peace & increased strength. All the best to you & your family.

jessie said...

Any baby updates? :) I keep checking your blog and your baby countdown widget is now adding days instead of counting down, LOL! I hope all is well! :)