Sunday, July 20, 2008

NYC

Last weekend Brent and I took our first trip to NYC.  Brent's Brother Scott and his wife Kim were in town and joined us for the adventure.  Grandma Nielsen was also in town, but was nice enough to watch Clementine so we could enjoy a baby-free trip.  It was fun, but all a little overwhelming.  WAY to much to try and cram in during one day.  We look forward to making another trip soon.  It's only about 1  1/2 hours on the train from New Haven!

Brent and Scott in front of the Statue of Liberty.  We took a ferry ride around the harbor.


Brent and I in Central Park.

Brent, me, and Kim next to a giant George Washington.

Brent and I in front of Serendipity.  I wanted to go have their famous frozen hot chocolate, but the wait was too long.  Maybe on the next trip.

This is my favorite picture of me striking a pose in front of the Seinfeld Restaurant.  This is where we ended up having dinner when the wait was too long at Serendipity.  It looks nothing like the inside of the Restaurant on the show....but the food was surprisingly yummy and CHEAP!  I had a roast chicken dinner with all of the fixings for $9.  It was fun and a deal compared to the $20 per person at TGI Fridays for lunch!  

Brent and I in the Rockafeller Center Square.  

Radio City  Music Hall.

Brent and I on our first adventures on the NYC Subway.  Surprisingly a lot nicer that the Boston Subway.


Brent and I on the harbor ferry tour.  Not a big fan of rocking boats with lots of people crammed on them.  Not something I would do again if you paid me.

2 comments:

Kellie Larsen said...

I miss NYC SOOO bad! I want to go back!

Lisa said...

Strawberry fields forever!

We'd love to come out there and go to NYC with you...